Terms and Conditions
If You Don’t Want to Read the Whole Thing, at Least Read This Bit: picturesofscotland.co.uk is a website where people can view pictures of Scotland, and if they wish, share their own pictures.
However, don’t upload a picture if you didn’t take it yourself, or if you don’t have the permission of the person who took it.
Pictures of scenery or Scottish animals are preferred – if your picture does contain identifiable people, make sure you have their permission to share it.
That’s it, please enjoy!
For more legal stuff, read on.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions, carefully before using the https://www.picturesofscotland.co.uk website . The terms “us”, “we”, or “our” refer to picturesofscotland
- Pictures of Scotland reserves the right to delete any image/s or comments that we feel are not suitable, without explanation.
- Please do not upload any image if you do not own the copyright.
By uploading an Image to the picturesofscotland website, you are certifying that you own the copyright of that Image, or have been given permission by the owner to use that image on our website.
Basically, if someone else owns the copyright, and they haven’t given permission for the picture to be used in this way,don’t load it as we will delete it.
You will also be liable for any fees which may result from the use of a copyrighted image.
- Picturesofscotland is mainly about Scottish scenery. We prefer that the images don’t contain people in them, but we accept that this is often impossible.
If a picture does contain a recognisable image of a person, then you should have that person’s consent for the image to be used.
What would be acceptable, given the subject’s permission, would be say an image of a Shetland Fiddler, or a Bagpipe player.
What wouldn’t be acceptable would be a photograph of friends or family posing for the camera in a scenic location.
All images are checked for suitability before being accepted for the website.
We reserve the right to reject an image without explanation.
We also reserve the right to remove any previously accepted image without explanation and without prior notice.
- You are resposible for any content which you upload – be it text, or an image.
If we approve your post for the website, no responsibility for the content is transferred to picturesofscotland.
- By uploading an image to the picturesofscotland website, you are not granting any ownership rights to your image/s. However, by uploading an image to the picturesofscotland website, you are granting us a royalty-free right to use that image on our website, and also on any other social media platform that we may use to publicise our site – such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest etc
- You accept that picturesofscotland cannot be held responsible for the misuse or abuse of any content which you have uploaded.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
- You agree to indemnify and hold picturesofscotland and its employees and representatives free from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising from the use of any Images that you have uploaded to picturesofscotland.
- We reserve the right to alter these terms at any time for any reason without prior notice. You are responsible for keeping yourself updated on any such changes herein that might affect you.
Your use of our service is at your sole risk.
Picturesofscotland is provided on an AS IS – WITH ALL FAULTS basis.
Although we take all reasonable precautions, our service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
We do not warranty that the service will be available at all times. We do not warranty that errors will be corrected. We do not warranty that the service is free from viruses or other harmful components.
Your only course of action against the loss of any services and/or of any images or other data you may have stored on picturesofscotland is to discontinue your use of our service.